Friday, September 21, 2012

So I Says to Myself; I Says, "Self, You So Got This!"

I have recently found myself addicted to this silly little facebook game called Candy Crush which is what I have been spending all of my free time on instead of blogging. It's sad, I know. I have a problem, but in about 30-minutes I'll have another life to use and so will continue to feed my ridiculous addiction.

Moving on...

I am still running. My legs are still sore. ALL. THE. TIME. I average 8km 4-days a week right now. I think it was 2 weeks ago that I ran the furthest I've run yet - 14km. It took me 110 minutes a.k.a. 1 hour and 50 minutes. As I hobbled back to my car I had one of those epiphany moments that people talk about. It donned on me that 14km is 2/3 of 21km. So I says to myself; I says, "Self, you just ran 2/3 of a half marathon; you only need to be able to run 7 more km. 7km is nothing; you so got this!"

I nearly died the Saturday before the 14km run when I ran 11km. I chalk that up to the fact that I was not hydrating at all. 90 minutes of straight jogging with no water is absolutely NOT a good idea. When I say I nearly died, I mean I had a puke bucket next to be as I drove my exhausted self home. Upon reaching home; I literally collapsed on my bed. Needless to say, I was more prepared for an even longer run the next Saturday. You see, that thing in my mouth is part of something called a CamelBak. You bite the end of the nozzle thingy which produces the pressure required to transfer the water from the pack on your back, through the hose, and into your mouth. There is absolutely no way I could have survived 14km without this contraption. At one point during the run, I thought the water was leaking. I quickly realised that the "water" I was feeling was actually my sweat dripping down my back and butt - attractive, I know.

Another note-worthy event occurred during an 8km run at the gym the other day. In the midst of controlling my breathing while sweat dripped down my face, I happened to exhale at the exact moment that a drop of sweat slid down my top lip. The result: sweat all over the treadmill's television screen. YUM!

If those updates don't make you want to donate to my efforts, I don't know what will!


No comments:

Post a Comment